Very nice training session today. It felt good to wake up and get to the gym on my own schedule for a change. Training went as follows.
- Stretch and Warm-Up
- Bar x15, 135×5, 185×5, 225×3, 275×3, 315×3, 365×3, 380x2x3
- Sumo Deadlift
- 135×5, 225×3, 315×3, 405×3, 440x2x3
- Rack Pull (at Knee)
- 135×5, 225×3, 315×3, 405×2, 495×2, 545×2
- Bulgarian Split Squat – 4×15
- Weighted Planks (45lbs) – 3x30sec
I threw in a little cardio at the end of yesterday and today’s training. Nothing crazy just alternating a walk and run for about a half mile or so. Running, especially following leg training, seems to make me feel better in the long run as far as soreness/recovery goes. I’m not sure if this has to do with getting blood to the legs or if it acts as a stretch for the muscles but either way it works for me. Now it’s time to prep some food for the week and enjoy time with family. Until tomorrow!