Another easy but solid training day today. I am enjoying the back down in volume and the ability to focus on feeling the groove from unrack to rerack. Normally I would be antsy to work myself harder but I know that within the next couple weeks the volume will ramp back up and it will be a grind once again. For now I will just get my eating dialed in and you the extra energy to prehab a little. Today’s session went as follows.
- Stretch and Warm-Up
- Bar x10, 135×5, 185×5, 225×3, 245x3x3
- Close Grip, Reverse Band, 2 Board Bench
- 225×3, 245x, 275×3, 295×3, 315×3
- Dips – 3 sets (15 reps, 12 reps, 10 reps)
- Band Tricep Extensions (vs. Elitefts Light Band) – 50 reps in 4 sets
- Band Flys (vs. Elitefts Mini Band) – 50 reps in 3 sets
- Reverse EZ Bar Curl
- 60×10, 70×10, 80×10
- Dumbbell Shrugs
- 75×10, 80×10, 85×10
- Cable Ab Pulldown – 4×10
I threw in some reverse curls today to give my elbows a break and give the forearms a little work. I do not want the ache to get back into my elbow so I am going to try and hit a movement here and there that helps work it in a positive way. Nothing eventful to discuss really other than I am a week and a half from being done with work for the summer. I have enjoyed my break but during the last couple weeks I have started feeling ready to get back at it. I look forward to training with the team again and progressing farther through school.