Classes are done for the semester with finals in the near future. Today’s training session was incredible in large part due to the absence of classes and projects on my mind. As much as I know that I’ll miss being around my friends outside of school I’m ready for this much needed break.
- Stretch and Warm-Up
- Speed Bench (vs. EliteFTS Mini Band)
- Close Grip Bench (vs. EliteFTS Mini Band)
- 140×5, 160×5, 185×14
- Overhead Press
- 125×12, 135×10, 145×10
- Bent Over Swiss Bar Rows
- 115×20, 125×17, 135×13, 135×12, 145×12
- Delt. Raise Medley (Lat. x5, Y x5, Front x5)
- 40×15, 45×15, 50×15
- Overhead Tricep Ext. (Cable w/ Rope Attachment)
- 50×20, 60×17, 70×8, 60×10
- Weighted Decline Situps – 3×10 (60lbs)
As I looked back through my hard copy training log, I noticed that during my last cycle on this day I only hit 7 reps on my last set of close grip bench. Today I hit the same weight for 14! I’m not sure if this was due to feeling great today or because of strength gains, probably both… Either way, I am very pleased with my progress. As I menioned in my previous posts, next weekend I will be traveling to Columbus Ohio to cheer on some team mates in a meet and hopefully get to lift at the EliteFTS S4 Compound once again (Fingers Crossed!).